
The Accord Party has accused suspected thugs linked to the All Progressives Congress (APC) of attacking the campaign office of Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, in Osogbo, as political tensions rise ahead of the August 15 governorship election.
In a statement issued on Monday, the party’s national chairman, Maxwell Mgbuden, said the incident marked the second attack on the governor’s campaign office within two weeks, describing it as part of a broader pattern of political violence in the state.
He alleged that armed men stormed the facility and fired shots, shattering windows and damaging offices, including that of the Osun state chairman of the Accord Party, Victor Akande.
Mgbuden further claimed that the attackers left inscriptions on the building reading “Say no to automatic ticket,” which the party interpreted as politically motivated intimidation.

The Accord chairman also alleged that the party had previously suffered attacks, including the destruction of campaign billboards and the killing of a women leader’s son in Irewole Local Government Area.
He said security agencies had been alerted ahead of the incident, but expressed concern that no preventive action was taken.
The party called on the Nigeria Police Force and the Department of State Services (DSS) to investigate the attack, arrest those responsible, and strengthen security around sensitive political locations in the state.
Mgbuden condemned the violence, insisting that elections should be decided through ideas and not intimidation or force, while accusing the APC of attempting to destabilise the state ahead of the polls.
Security agencies have yet to issue an official response to the allegations at the time of filing this report.
NDC courts Obidient coordinators to strengthen opposition alliance